Thursday, January 21, 2010

Writing

Since I originally created this blog to get me doing stuff with my writing, I've decided it's time to move from Japanese to ... writing.

I've been a member of Writing.com for about 5 years, I think, and recently I found a contest for 'flash fiction', stories in 300 words or less based on a prompt. It's really good practice for a) coming up with short ideas, b) writing, c) condensing material into as few words as I possibly can, and d) um, writing?

I love writing, but I often don't feel motivated because a) I don't have a lot of free time, between work/school/family/house/cats/my many hobbies, and b) no one will read my stuff except one of my younger sisters who doesn't give me feedback (she likes it all, bless her). Ok, I'm just being stupid, I know, because EI) am I the first person to try to write with a full schedule? I don't think so. I can make time if it's really important to me. BEE) well. Someday. It's for myself, right? Right? ...

Um, enough time here. My point is that from now on I'll try to come here about every day during lunch break or whatever to write a flash fiction piece. The first few will be the ones I already have, after that I'll stop cheating :P

I've kept a journal since I was 7, that's why I ramble so much. I apologize. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment