Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A respond to a comment :)

So it doesn't get lost in the down-flow of stories, here is a response to my first follower aside from Jikoniau/Ani! (Who is my sister, so does that count?)

Hajimemashite Eden-san!

Pleased to meet you, and thanks for posting on my blog!
So Australia, that's cool, I love the way internet lets us interact with people around the world. I looked up Brisbane, looks like a pretty place (but I can't tell a lot from google images). Are you really close to the ocean? Have you been to New Zealand? My sisters and I were trying to convince our parents to take us to Australia and New Zealand last fall, but they didn't go for it (I think they've both been already, years ago).

I'm glad to hear you like the Nihonashi projects, they are fun to do, and I shall certainly like to do more. (I'll write up the next one today, yes!)
This blog can be multi-purpose, the more the merrier.

Thanks also for your comments about my writing.

Ok, here's my stab at Japanese :)

私もアニメや漫画(まんが)やラメンが好きです。どんあアニメが好きですか?アメリカのウタ州で住んでいます。週末,私の町に日本祭り(まつり)に行きました。太鼓(たいこ)と空手(からて)を見ました。かっこよかったです!そのことをニホナシで話そうと思います。日本語にがんばりましょう!
よろしく。
(I also like things like anime, manga, and ramen. What kind of anime do you like? I live in the American state Utah. Over the weekend I went to a Japanese festival in my town. I saw taiko and karate, it was cool. I think I'll talk about that in Nihonashi. Let's do our best with Japanese!)

Here are some useful resources (which you may know already):
My favorite dictionary: www.jisho.org (also has a helpful forum)
Great quizzes: http://www.manythings.org/japanese/news/npw1.htm
The best Japanese podcasts: http://www.japanesepod101.com/ (I recommend getting a free account, then downloading a bunch of audio while it's still free, and then if you really like it you can sign up. I have too much to do and too many other Japanese resources I'm using now, but I think I will sign up in the future, because their podcasts are excellent.)
Free podcasts that are pretty well done: http://learnjapanesepod.com/

Thanks again, I look forward to talking and hopefully practicing Japanese,
~Mai

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yay a reply. The internet, specifically Google is amazingly useful :D. I have found many of the resources you mentioned myself, and am already listening to podcasts by learnjapanesepod :P. Thx for the tip =].
    I haven't been to NZ, in fact I've never left the shores of Aus.けど そつぎょうする あとで、ともだちと 在外(ざいがい) に 行く つもり だ。And I live pretty close to the coast, on holidays I catch the train to Gold Coast ^^. New Zealand is an awesome country to visit, my friend did bungee jumping, ski diving and snowboard there ^^.

    Sorry about the delay, I've been concentrating on school. And my bad again if i missed a few of your questions, I'm supposed to be finishing my mind boggling accounting (it's all just random numbers :( . Neways I hope we can swap じこしょうかい's sometime.
    じゃね

    ReplyDelete